Functional Area: HR - Human Resources
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe Limited (Ireland branch)
We are seeking an HR Officer to join our HR team. Reporting directly to the Human Resource Manager for Ireland, this is a busy and varied role and a great opportunity to gain generalist HR experience within a large multinational organisation. This role is ideal for someone looking to progress there HR career as you will gain exposure to all aspects of HR for a large, busy organisation, whilst working with and learning from experienced HR Professionals.
The HR Officer will be responsible for completing the following duties:
- Provide excellent HR administration service, delivering accurately and efficiently, often within strict or tight deadlines;
- Prepare all contracts and starter packs for new joiners to the Company, ensuring that all items on the new hire checklist are completed in a timely manner;
- Process all leavers from the Company – complete the relevant paperwork and notify the appropriate departments;
- Manage employee benefits from start to finish on a monthly basis, this includes but is not limited to Healthcover , Pension, Travel Tickets and Cycle to Work applications;
- Monitoring and tracking employee probationary periods – liaising with Managers regarding the performance of new joiners, preparing letters for those who successfully pass their probation and letters to those who are being extended;
- Produce all standard HR documentation – e.g salary certificates, promotion letters, reference requests etc.;
- Preparation of various HR reports and statistics as required by HR Manager, HR Generalists and Business Leaders;
- Create and maintain all personnel files ensuring correct and accurate filing and archiving is carried out on a regular basis;
- Provide support to the HR Generalists in terms of Talent Acquisition, including candidate communications, coordinating and scheduling of interviews etc.;
- Act as the main point of contact for general HR queries from the business;
- Various other HR Project work as and when required/arises.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or relevant HR discipline;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in HR;
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks at any given time;
- Strong ability in using MS Office, particularly Excel and Word;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Capable of working towards tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- A flexible approach and attitude.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.