Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Novartis Dublin are recruiting for an MSL/Medical Advisor Respiratory.
To provide thorough up-to-date medical, clinical and relevant commercial expertise to drive Novartis mes-sage delivery to key influencers and stakeholders; to collaborate with Country, Regional and Global team members in the execution of relevant clinical activities in assigned project(s).
Medical Affairs Strategy and Operations
- Defines and executes Medical Expert engagement strategy, discussing medical scientific evidence on therapy area and new treatment options
- Designs, initiates, conducts and publishes local Phase IV / PMS studies in the CPO to help facilitate market access and adoption within country
- Supports investigator-initiated research studies aligned with the Global Clinical Development Plan Collaborates with Clinical Operations, advises / recommends potential investigators for local and global studies, ensuring the right mix of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Participates in the development of strategic plans in collaboration with other Franchise teams Medical Information and Communication (MIC), Patient Access and HEOR) to drive the suc-cess of Novartis products
- Participates in gathering clinical insights / needs / feedback from KOLs / customers in country and communicates to internal partners including Marketing and Global Development teams
- Raises awareness of Novartis products / disease areas through the publication of manu-scripts, presentations and training, according to NP4 and local regulations
- Provides a source of key medical knowledge on the company’s products
Regulatory and Risk Management
- Ensures that own work meets all regulatory requirements and complies with local and Global standards
- Ensure that all AEs are brought to attention to the Patient Safety department within 24 hours after received.
Internal / External Relationships
- Builds relationships with country level KOLs and participates on cross-functional internal teams to develop product advocacy
- Understands pathways for communication between Country and key Global colleagues / product teams
Ethics and Compliance
- Works within Ethics and Compliance policies and ensures those around him / her do the same
- Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment
Novartis provides innovative healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. In 2015, the Group achieved net sales of USD 49.4 billion, while R&D throughout the Group amounted to approximately USD 8.9 billion (USD 8.7 billion excluding impairment and amortization charges). Novartis Group companies employ approximately 119,000 full-time-equivalent associates. Novartis products are available in more than 180 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.novartis.com
One of the first pharmaceutical companies to locate in Ireland in the 1950’s, Novartis has strong history of investing in Ireland over the last sixty years.
Novartis employs approximately over 1,600 people across 3 locations in Cork and Dublin. Novartis manufacturing and development is based in Ringaskiddy, Co Cork. Alcon, also located in Cork, is the leading manufacturer of eye care technologies. In 2013 Novartis established a Global Business Services Center in Elm Park, Dublin 4. The country pharmaceutical organisation (CPO), Novartis Pharmaceuticals, is also based in Elm Park, Dublin 4.
Benefits of Working for Novartis
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
Minimum requirements Requirements:
- Minimum: MD, DO or PhD degree in Health Sciences required as per country strategy and / or local regulations
- English: fluent spoken and written
- At least 3 year experience from medical of clinical development roles in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare-related Industry
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons