User Experience (UX) Consultant
The Glanbia Digital team are looking for a User Experience (UX) Consultant to join a fast growing team. This is a permanent position and is primarily based in Waterside Offices, Citywest, Dublin 24.
This is an exciting opportunity for a UX Consultant to join our growing team of successful Digital Marketing innovators. We strive to be the customer’s champion and your role as a UX Consultant on the Digital Team will primarily involve being an advocate for, and delivering excellent online user experiences and touch points with our customers globally.
Key elements of the role
- We’re looking for someone that passionate about identifying resolving user pain points and solving business problems through great informed design.
- You will be a source of knowledge for UX across the group, contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans.
- You will work with the business to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet business needs and vision.
- You will need to make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- You will translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, personas, customer journey maps, empathy maps and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- You should have excellent communication skills; the ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and the business.
- You should enjoy working collaboratively across design, technical, and digital teams in an agile and fast paced environment with multiple projects on the go at the same time.
- You will ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- High academic record to date and expected minimum of a 2.1 honours degree in Computer Science Engineering, Multimedia Design, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology or a related UX field
Skills & Experience
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Knowledge of designing for Wordpress, Drupal and Hybris would be relevant and beneficial.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design and design thinking. Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- A positive can do attitude & comfortable operating to multiple deadlines and projects at once.
- The energy, enthusiasm and drive to make it happen.
- A team player who has the ability to motivate others, making it fun while getting the job done.
- A passion for digital marketing, media, commerce and technology.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement and the challenge to make it better.
About the Digital Team
The Digital Team act as an internal agency that sits at the centre of Glanbia. Our team is made up of Digital Strategists, Digital Marketers, Social Media Experts, Designers, Videographers, UX Experts, and Web Developers, who work together in an agile and very collaborative environment.
This is a relatively new team with lots of exciting projects ongoing and upcoming, so if you’re hungry to learn and willing to push yourself to achieve results for your team then you’ll love this role.
A World Leading Global Nutrition Group
- #1 Global portfolio of sports nutrition brands
- #1 Dairy Processor in Ireland
- #1 Producer of American Style Cheddar Cheese
Glanbia Plc is a global nutrition group, dedicated to delivering better nutrition for every step of life’s journey. Headquartered in Kilkenny, Ireland, we employ over 6,000 people across 32 countries and our products are sold or distributed in over 130 countries.
With a worldwide presence, Glanbia Plc continues to build our global nutrition business, thanks to our clear vision, strong values and most importantly our people. So if you’re looking to develop your career, stretch your ambitions and work for a company that has the ability to succeed on the world stage, ours is a journey you’ll want to share.
Perks and benefits include
Pension, bonus, on site gym (including free classes); free on-site parking, corporate discount schemes, free breakfast, discounted lunch.