GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. Powered by a warm human spirit and dedicated teamwork.
We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out.
KNOW THE ROLE
Our E-Commerce department are looking for an experienced UI Designer to join their team in our beautiful South Anne Street Head Office. Our Multi Channel Office is a hub of creativity, style and innovation. Having an open plan space makes it easy to share ideas and be inspired daily.
Working across two brands with different propositions, customer needs, expectation and crossover the core activity for this role is to design and deliver wireframes, interactive prototypes, interaction design prototype recommendations, proactively research and recommend best practice techniques and UI patterns to support a variety of devices, channels and feature solutions.
Sharing one platform but two business user interfaces this role supports identification of UI direction and flow design challenges to propose and devise design solutions to support bau and larger scale project related functions and features. Working to tight deadlines within a fast paced team means rapid review and iteration for any new designs or UI update is a critical part of this role.
• Support trading objectives
• Ensure an engaging and memorable brand and interaction experience by channel measured by monthly KPI health checks/customer feedback.
• Drive strategic KPIs as defined at project level through optimized journeys supporting a variation of experiences balanced between new site features and trading needs.
• Translate concepts to wireframes, flows and at times interactive prototypes.
• Work within the Shared Service Project Team to design, prototype and support the definition of new features.
• Create UI designs where/when applicable and support UX goal requirements and business objectives with stakeholders.
• Facilitate internal visions for existing or new site features through research, benchmarking, site analysis and best practice by channel.
• Responsible for functional and feature tests during the development phase of sprints.
• UI iterations on existing site experiences or new feature design based on requests from the business, Insights Team, Merchandising team drive by analytics review or best practise.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to provide quality design and UI solutions to meet a variety of channel needs across two brands
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to work in rapidly changing environment within a larger organization and also operate at a granular level based on the needs of the solution
• Ability to take initiative
• Ability to multitask and ensure flawless execution & delivery
• Problem solving, must be able propose solutions and deliver within tight deadlines.
• Passionate about all things frontend related, interaction design and UI patterns in a variety of channels based on digital retail experiences.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experienced with commercial web development projects, feature design and commercial trading needs and operations.
• Understanding of build, deployment methods and use of various CMS environments, database technology.
• Awareness of development trends and innovations, frontend code and technologies around same.
• Usability metrics – understanding of how customers interact with websites and how to provide the best customer facing experience to support analysis.
• An understanding of how to visually translate user experience solutions for a variety of channel activity behaviour based on internal requests and definition.
• Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools, sketch, invision, uxpin, Creative Suite.
• Strong understanding of best practice build SEO techniques and implementation via html and partner technologies.
KNOW HOW WE WORK
Doing the right thing: We act with authenticity, honesty and integrity in everything we do.
Drive Creativity: Encouraging working environments where everyone can use their creativity to drive the business forward in an ever changing Retail environment.
Inspiring the Customer: Our teams are passionate about creating an authentic and unique experience for all our customers
Winning Together: Brown Thomas and Arnotts prides itself on working as one business and two brands. We share our knowledge and support others to be successful in achieving individual and company goals.
Performing with Pride: We deliver results and celebrate success